Join the Recognition scheme
Join the Age Friendly Business Recognition scheme and get an Age Friendly logo to identify yourself as an age friendly business and publicize your business locally and nationally. The recognition process involves training sessions, a tool kit and support on how to better meet the needs of older adults and in turn, increase your business.
Start now by filling in our online survey and get a picture of how your business is doing. Click here to start the survey.
Ideas to make your business age friendly
Examples of low-cost and no cost ways you can make your business age-friendly and attract this powerful and growing segment of the population
- Offer products and/or services that are appropriate for older adults, e.g. single portions.
- Make discounts or special offers available for older adults when possible.
- Offer assistance with shopping, and or drop off/delivery services.
- Provide respectful human contact, in person and on the phone.
- Place products on shelves which are reachable or readily offer assistance to reach items.
- Use large, clear fonts for signage, printed materials, and websites.
- Moderate excessively loud music and noise.
- Speak clearly in low tones and repeat yourself if necessary.
For further information on the Age Friendly Business Recognition scheme and how to sign up, please contact Aisling Costello at the Ageing Well Network on 01 612 7040 or at email@example.com