Facts and Figures
Bet you didn't know
- - Older people own 75% of the wealth in the EU and account for 50% of consumer spending.
- - Older customers (65+) in Ireland have a revenue declared annual income of over €6.5 billion.
- - Older consumers will double in number in the next 30 years, and those over 80 will quadruple.
- - Older people are loyal customers and outspend younger shoppers.
- - Older customers not only spend locally and have a lot of purchasing power, but also have the time to shop.
- - 50% of all toys are bought by grandparents.
- - Over 50’s take on average almost three trips a year in Ireland, staying three nights away.
- - Favourite brands are Guinness, Aldi, Apple, Dunnes Stores and Toyota.